Engineering – Equities Technology – Prime Services Technology Mission Control Engineer – Vice President – Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
Mission Control is a business facing technical team that manages the quality, stability, and integrity of production environments, and are strongly aligned with our business users who are Prime Services and Clearing Sales and Coverage, Operations, Client Technology Solutions as well as our external clients. This team will also work to optimize the global batch processes across Futures, Risk, Securities Lending and Clearing. Additionally, this team is responsible for ready for business checkouts across Prime.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work as part of a team of production operations specialists, as well as interact with the wider Mission Control team and a range of application development teams.
• Work in a production environment and with a high level of desk and client interaction.
• Work within strict control guidelines which we use to protect production environments and to maintain stability and quality control and automate manual runbooks.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3 to 7 years total experience
• Production support experience
• Incident/Problem Analysis skills
• Hands-on experience in UNIX, Database, and Scripting languages like Shell, Perl or Python.
• Automation of manual processes via scripting
• Equities, Options, and/or Futures Electronic trading
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and communications skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively
• Ability to react calmly but quickly in emergency situations
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.